REPORTS TO: Director of Development
INDUSTRY: Wireless Site Planning / Construction
- Established in 2005, Modus is an industry leader in wireless site development across the western United States. Our services include site acquisition, land use planning, architecture and engineering, construction, and environmental compliance.
- We believe strongly in providing opportunities for growth for all our employees. Things change at lightning speed in our industry and it serves both employees and company to continually expand our knowledge to be ready for these changes. We value not just good work, but smart work—the drive and curiosity to explore new ways of doing things and to look for opportunities that others may have missed.
- Modus was the first wireless services company in the US to become a Certified B Corporation®. B Corps™ meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability, and aspire to use the power of markets to solve social and environmental problems. Collectively, B Corps lead a growing global movement of people using business as a force for good.
JOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Modus is currently searching for highly talented and driven Planning Interns (full-time or part-time) to support the Project team in our Austin office to gain local land use planning knowledge as it relates to the wireless telecommunication industry. Interns will perform or assist with the following:
- Conducting research and reviewing multiple jurisdictional zoning ordinances as it pertains to wireless telecommunication facilities.
- Preparing preliminary zoning/permitting analyses in accordance with jurisdictional requirements.
- Providing site-specific design, zoning & permitting analyses for selected sites.
- Preparing zoning and permit applications.
- Reviewing architectural drawings and other zoning collateral.
- Working diligently to expedite jurisdictional approval processes & project timelines.
- Attending and presenting at site design visits, community meetings and hearings.
Work will be split between office and field.
Dynamic and fast-paced team-based projects.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Enrollment in a degree in Community & Regional Development or related field
- Strong knowledge and interest in Urban Planning
- Strong computer skills utilizing MS Outlook, and reports in MS Excel (Salesforce a plus)
- Self-motivated and have an uncompromising work ethic
- Strong research and analytic skills
- Highly organized and have a talent for multi-tasking
- Possess superb written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to define and meet individual and team oriented project goals
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a car (preferred, but not required)
$16 - $20/hour, depending on experience. Upon successful completion of the internship period, a candidate could be offered a permanent position with full benefits, which include: performance bonuses, paid time off, company sponsored health insurance plan (medical/dental/vision), life & disability insurance, commuter benefits, and 401(k) plan.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates should provide a resume that details either education or experience related to local government, environmental studies, urban planning or real estate development. Motivation and integrity are more important than experience.
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Use subject: "Applying for Planning Intern - Baton Rouge position".